WEB ACT application Server architecture provides:
- Smaller table size - thus faster query processing.
- Variable application structure for individual customers - database driven menu structure within individual databases allows bespoke additional modules or software customisation for local requirements.
- Graceful system growth to cope with increased customer demands.
- Single point monitoring of access records and system security.
- Centralised recording of application workflows.
- Individual servers use hardened Linux to provide high security.
- Servers use raid technology to provide data security and fault tolerance.
- Single code base provides maximum code acceleration through code caching techniques.
WEB ACT Server Cluster Architecture
WEB ACT Server Cluster Architecture:
- Code base switching if server failure occurs.
- Automatic database replication between pairs of servers providing server switching in case of server failure.
- Cross server rolling backups, automated on live databases.
- No requirement for users to log off during backup.
- Backup processes lock database tables to allow seamless backup.
- Small database sizes allow fast rolling backups. Rolling backups stored on paired server.
- Overnight backup to a separate ftp server on site.
- Overnight backup to an offsite server.
- On demand download of full database data available at all times to customers. Dynamically updated on demand.
WEB ACT Server Cluster - Expansion
WEB ACT Server Cluster Expansion provides:
- Addition of paired replicated database server engines to handle high application processing demands.
- Database query processing handled by extension database servers.
- Application code directly supports multiple database engines without processing overhead.
- Database servers can be separated from the code servers to further increase processing capability.